Matcha is a powdered green tea founded during the Tang dynasty in China, but it was the Buddhist monks who brought it into Japan. Matcha green tea tea has become an integral part of Japanese culture for over 1000 years. The best part about this tea is that you can prepare it in several different ways, which will help you lose weight. So we’ll share with you some simple yet awesome matcha green tea recipes for weight loss that you can prepare right now!
Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
There is a lot of health benefits of matcha green tea, some of which includes:
- Low in calories, which means that you will not develop stored fat even if you drink it several times a day.
- Prepared from the same plant as green tea, and hence it is rich in antioxidants. It helps to boost immunity, flush out toxins, prevent weight gain and accelerates weight loss.
- The catechins present in the tea help speed up metabolism, enabling you to lose weight faster.
- Builds up endurance to high-intensity exercises, which will help you look fat during the fat-burning exercises.
- Regulates blood sugar levels, which prevents you from being diabetic. It also contains dietary fibers that keep you fuller for a longer time and prevent overeating.
- Targets the cortisol hormone, the stress hormone, and keeps it under control, preventing you from feeling tired and exhausted. It is rich in antioxidants which help to calm and soothe your mind.
- Boosts your stamina and endurance levels and makes you proactive in keeping you full of energy always.
- Richest source of EGCG, which keeps your bad cholesterol under control and prevents its absorption by your body.
- Great in detoxification of the body. It flushes out all the harmful toxins from your body. Matcha green tea is one of the best teas for weight loss.
How is matcha tea different from green tea?
Whenever we see items targeting weight loss, we always ask ourselves, is it really going to do what it claims? Well, in this case, it does. It contains ten times more antioxidants than green tea, and hence it targets what it is made for.
We have already discussed its health benefits, but apart from this, it tastes great. Is this reason not solely enough to try this product out? I think it is. Having said that, we are going to share with you some delicious matcha recipes which will instigate your taste buds to try it.
Matcha Green Tea Recipes
Chocolate Matcha Energy Balls
This is a delicious afternoon snack that will reduce your hunger cravings. The presence of chocolate is enough to make it irresistible. All you need is coconut butter, coconut flour, coconut oil, coconut shreds, and of course, matcha green tea. The preparation is similar to chocolate balls. The only difference is it has matcha inside instead of chocolate filling. This is healthy and great for children and even for you.
Matcha Energy Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are always healthy and so is this matcha smoothie. It tastes delicious, plus it will help you lose weight. There is no single rule to making this smoothie. You can add your favorite fruits and veggies and add some matcha powder with it. Blend this all together, and Voila! Your matcha smoothie is ready. Switch your tea and coffee with this green smoothie and you will see the results in no time.
Spicy Matcha Margarita
Who would have ever thought that matcha could be incorporated in margaritas? Here is a great excuse for planning a party but in a healthy way. Keep the base of your drink as green tea topped with some tequila, matcha powder, and lime juice. Add some jalapeno to make it spicy. The more the jalapenos, the spicier it will be. Finish it off with honey syrup, and your customized matcha drink is ready to serve.
Banana Matcha Ice Cream
Another great and healthy dessert which not only tastes great but is also easy to prepare. All you need is just two ingredients. Some bananas and matcha powder. Mix these two in a blender and your ice cream is ready. Freeze it for a few hours to give that ice cream texture and then enjoy it whenever you like without worrying about huge calorie intake.
Who on this earth does not love popsicles? If you don’t know what a popsicle is, you are probably living under a rock. A matcha popsicle is a great way to gain that boost of energy. Prepare your popsicle like you usually would and add some matcha powder to the mixture. Empty the mixture in the popsicle mold and let it set in the freezer for a few hours, and you are done. Enjoy your healthy matcha popsicle.
5 Amazing Matcha Green Tea
It is a 100% pure and organic matcha green tea powder derived from Japan. It has a smooth and natural flavor with a vibrant green color. Use this matcha powder in any of your recipes and you will feel refreshed and energetic. It comes in a Ziploc pouch, so it is easy to use and store.
This is made of 100% authentic and handpicked matcha leaves. The tea is USDA and organic certified. It is super aromatic and gives you a feeling of freshness. The flavor itself calms and soothes your mind. It contains antioxidants that cleaners and detoxifies your body.
This is 100% organic and authentic. The matcha green tea powder is sourced from the Nishio region in Japan. It comes in certified BPA-free packaging, which makes it safe to use and store. It is suitable for every taste bud as it is not bitter at all and is super lightweight. So enjoy this superfood any way you like and get a boost of energy.
This matcha green tea comes inside a tin and is sourced directly from a Kagoshima, Japan. It offers the rich aroma and vibrant taste of Japan’s celebrated green tea. Enjoy this tea anytime, as it is super light and does a great job keeping you full.
This is made of 100% pure and organic culinary grade Matcha. It is a rich source of antioxidants and gives you a boost of energy. This is a premium quality matcha green tea powder sourced straight for Japan. It is lab tested for quality and purity. So use this matcha green tea powder for all your matcha recipes and feel refreshed.
Are there any side effects of matcha green tea powder?
Consumption of more amount of matcha tea can lead to certain side effects. If you consume more than 5 cups of matcha tea, you can experience the following side effects:
When to drink matcha green tea?
It is recommended that matcha be consumed in the morning or the afternoon due to its caffeine content. However, there are no perfect or mandatory timings for drinking it. You can drink it as per your convenience. Here are some of the recommended times to drink matcha green tea:
- Start your day by drinking matcha tea in place of your regular tea or coffee. This will help to detoxify your body.
- Drink matcha tea before or after a meeting. The caffeine in it is absorbed much slower than any other product, will boost your energy and keeps you active for a longer time.
- Drink matcha green tea before a workout. Matcha contains enzymes that facilitate fat burn—hence drinking it before exercise will double the benefits of your workout and enable you to lose weight quickly.
- In the afternoon after lunch, most of us feel sluggish and tired. Drink this as your afternoon beverage in order to retrieve your energy and feel less fatigued.
Who should avoid drinking matcha green tea?
Matcha tea is otherwise healthy; however, there are some restrictions to it as well. It is not recommended to drink more than 3-4 cups a day. Other than that, children and pregnant women should abstain from drinking matcha tea. It is advised to consult a doctor before drinking matcha tea in this condition.
Now that you have known everything about matcha green tea, we hope you will incorporate this fat cutter powder into your weight loss regime. Store it in a cool and dry place to prevent oxidizing and enjoy these matcha green tea recipes!