I’m sure we all know how amazing banana leaves are for health.
Especially if you are a South Indian you’d know how therapeutic and eco-friendly it is to eat on a fresh banana leaf. The leaves are waterproof and also used in steaming food, making it super delicious and wholesome.
Most of us already know about these uses of banana leaves but did you know that they have the power to literally cleanse and transform your whole body?
In this post, we’ll talk about Banana Leaf Therapy, also known as Banana Leaf Bath which is used in naturopathy (a form of alternative medicine which uses natural ways for self-healing). It is one of the most ancient natural healing technique for the body.
This therapy has numerous benefits and people around the world are totally going for it! Before we dig in deeper, let’s discuss the benefits of banana leaf therapy!
Benefits of banana leaf therapy
- It detoxifies the body and is one of the most effective therapies for weight loss.
- Banana leaves are jampacked with healing properties of Epigallocatechin gallate which filter out toxins and toxic rays to enter the body.
- Allows the life energy to flow into various parts of the body which aids in the regeneration of tissues, muscles, and organs of the body system.
- These green leaves contain medicinal properties that can treat skin problems like rashes, insect bites, and skin irritation.
- The paste made of banana leaves can treat minor skin wounds.
- Leaves soaked in the water helps in relieving from a sunburn.
- It helps in kidney related issues and body pain management.
How to do it yourself at home? (DIY Banana Leaf Therapy)
- Take one or two large banana leaves and sanitize them thoroughly.
- Tear each side of the leaf into wide pieces in order to fit better.
- Apply your favorite massage oil or diluted essential onto the leaves.
- Now put the oiled side of leave over a candle and let it get warm. Stay cautious to avoid burns.
- Lie or sit down and place the leaves over your skin.
- If you have someone to help you, ask them to tie the wrapped leaves to your body so that they stick better and absorb toxins.
- Let the leaves on for about 30 minutes under the sun.
- After getting out of the banana leaves, take proper rest and then indulge yourself in a cold water bath.
Things to Remember
- Always wash and sanitize the leaf before usage.
- This therapy must be done during the afternoon when the sun’s rays are not too harsh.
- A wet towel should be used to cover the person’s head.
- Don’t sit or lie under the sun for longer than 40 minutes.
- Since the banana leaves are exposed to toxins post-therapy, they must be disposed of properly after use.
Now you know the benefits of this therapy and also how you can do it at home. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of DIYing, you can also go for a professional session of banana leaf therapy.