I’m sure we all know how amazing banana leaves are for health.
For South Indians, eating on a fresh banana leaf is both therapeutic and eco-friendly. In addition to being waterproof, the leaves can also be used for steaming food, making it delicious and healthy.
Although we are all aware of these uses of banana leaves, did you know that they can literally cleanse and transform your whole body?
In this post, we’ll talk about Banana Leaf Therapy, also known as Banana Leaf Bath, used in naturopathy (a form of alternative medicine that uses natural ways for self-healing). It is one of the most ancient natural healing techniques for the body.
This therapy has numerous benefits, and people around the world are totally going for it! Before we dig in deeper, let’s discuss the benefits of banana leaf therapy!
Benefits of banana leaf therapy
- It detoxifies the body and is one of the most effective weight loss therapies.
- Epigallocatechin gallate, which is found in banana leaves, filters out toxins and toxic rays from entering the body.
- Allows the life energy to flow into various parts of the body, which aids in the regeneration of tissues, muscles, and organs of the body system.
- These green leaves contain medicinal properties that can treat skin problems like rashes, insect bites, and skin irritation.
- Banana leaf paste can be used to treat minor skin wounds.
- Leaves soaked in the water help in relieving from a sunburn.
- It can be used to treat kidney-related issues and body pain.
How to do it yourself at home? (DIY Banana Leaf Therapy)
- Take a banana leaf or two and thoroughly sanitize them.
- For a better fit, cut each side of the leaf into wide pieces.
- Apply your favorite massage oil or diluted essential oil to the leaves.
- Let the oiled side of the leaves get warm over a candle. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Place the leaves on your skin and lie or sit down.
- You can ask someone to help you tie the wrapped leaves to your body so that they stick better and absorb toxins.
- Under the sun, let the leaves remain for about 30 minutes.
- Make sure to take a cold water bath after you get out of the banana leaves.
Tips to Remember
- Use only leaves that have been cleaned and sanitized.
- When performing this therapy, make sure the sun is not too harsh in the afternoon.
- Cover your head with a wet towel.
- Never spend more than 40 minutes in the sun.
- The banana leaves are exposed to toxins after therapy, so they must be disposed of properly.
Now you know the benefits of this therapy and also how you can do it at home. Alternatively, you can also turn to a professional for banana leaf therapy if you do not want to DIY.