Are you looking for pure, raw and organic honey online? You are at the right place!
Honey is undoubtedly one of the hidden treasures of our kitchen. It’s a multipurpose magical superfood which is used in many ways. Here are some of the benefits of honey:
- It is said to be extremely beneficial for health as well as for the skin.
- Honey is an excellent moisturizer and also a powerful remedy to help you with acne. It can be used instead of water in several face packs.
- Honey is said to be a hair growth booster also. You will notice beautiful and shiny hair with honey hair masks.
- Not to forget honey can be used in the kitchen as well. Health experts have advised using honey instead of sugar or oil. This will help to take care of your cholesterol and heart.
- Honey mixed with warm water makes a wholesome morning concoction.
But do you know, which honey is the best? Raw organic honey is said to be the best one. It is because it contains minimum additives and coloring agents. They are naturally processed and contains only fresh and organic ingredients.
But the million dollar question is how will you know which is the pure and organic honey? Let’s find out below.
How to identify Pure and organic Honey?
It is always advisable to check for free words like – organic, pure, raw on the label area. But even then we don’t know if they are being 100% honest to us or not. Thus, let’s have a look at what are the different ways through which you will know if the honey is pure or not.
- Thumb Test – Put a drop of honey and try to spread it. If it spreads or spills then that’s not pure honey. pure honey will stay on your thumb because it is extremely thick in nature.
- Water Test – Put a drop of honey in a glass full of water. If the honey gets dissolved in water, then it is artificial honey. Because real honey will always go down at the bottom.
- Flame Test – Take a burning matchstick and bring it close to the honey. Try to light up honey with it. Pure honey will keep burning but the artificial honey will just refuse to burn.
- Blotting Paper Test – Drop a honey drop on the blotting paper. If it gets absorbed then it’s not pure honey. Pure honey will just sit there refusing to get absorbed.
Best Raw & Organic Honey Brands
Now, let’s have a look at what are the best organic honey brands available in the market.
KIVA UMF 20+ Raw Manuka Honey
This is one of the best organic honey which is harvested from the far-flung hilly areas of New Zealand. You also get some coastal area honey extracts in this bottle. This is a UMF certified honey which ensures that the honey is of good quality and fit for consumption.
Manuka Health – MGO 400+ Manuka Honey
This is extremely smooth and expertly crafted honey which is fit for consumption as well as skin usage. This is a New Zealand honey which ensures that the best quality of bees is only used in the preparation of this honey. Quality and purity of this honey are well tested and verified from laboratories.
YS Eco Bee Farms Buckwheat Pure Raw Honey
This is organic honey which is pioneered since 1995. This is a US grade A honey which is of supreme quality. The honey should be stored only at room temperature but shouldn’t be used by infants.
EVVA 100% Pure Raw Honey
This is the raw organic honey which is extracted from Moldavian bees. The unique part about this honey is that the pollen composition is also intact in this case. This honey is an excellent source of antioxidants, protein and fiber content. This is a gluten free honey which is perfect for salad dressing as well.
YS Eco Bee Farms Raw Unfiltered Honey
This is unfiltered and unpasteurized honey. The honey is completely in its organic form and this is perfect for eating purpose as well. The honey is 100% safe to be used on skin. But before using it for infants, it is best to go for a small chunk testing.
Sleeping Bear Farms Cinnamon Raw Honey
This is unprocessed raw honey which has cinnamon extracts in it. The honey is 100% pure and thus fit for eating as well as application on skin. Because of the cinnamon extracts in this honey, it is perfect to be used for acne prone or sensitive skin type.
Isabell’s Honey Farm Raw & Unfiltered Orange Blossom Honey
This is the purest form of honey which can be consumed as morning snacks also. This is a USA certified honey which is fit for consumption and ensures good digestion as well.
Big Island Bees Raw Hawaiian Honey
This is a certified and unheated form of honey. It is naturally smooth and crystallized honey which gives a smooth raw and creamy texture to the honey. This is a Hawaiin product.
Wedderspoon 100% Raw Manuka Honey
This is 100% certified honey which is in it’s purest form. The honey is one of the best in quality and perfect for consuming for a long time period.
Stockin’s Unheated & Unfiltered Raw Buckwheat Honey
This is an unheated and unfiltered raw honey. It is made in the USA from Buckwheat Blossoms. This is a nutrient dense and flavorful honey which is 100% yummy.
Monastery Creamed Honey – Pure Raw Virginia Honey
This is 100% pure Virginia honey which is non-crystallized. It changes viscosity and texture along with the temperature. This is creamy and super thick honey.
This is 100% natural honey which is brought directly from the hives. Any harsh treatments or chemicals is absent in this honey. This honey has a very strong aroma and taste. This is known to regulate the insulin level in your body.
Sandt’s Wildflower Unfiltered Honey
This is raw and unfiltered honey which can be best used for consuming as well as beauty purpose. It is non-GMO and does not contain any additives and thus it is quite safe to be consumed by people of all age groups.
So here ends the list of the best raw and organic honey brands. Before buying, make sure the honey is raw, organic and unfiltered. It is also advisable to check reviews before buying the product so you get the best deal. Also, always make sure to look for the full ingredients list. Now you have a lot of options to choose from so choose wisely and as per your requirement.